Concave Brand Tracking has manually combed through the 50 most watched movies of 2020 recording every brand that appeared or was mentioned. We also measured how visible the product placements were, how long they were on screen for and how much advertising value they generated.
Using an in-house model which factors mentions, screen time, product discernibility, logo/name visibility and global viewership Concave Brand Tracking has determined the total global value each brand got from its 2020 movie product placements.
We recorded nearly 250 different types of products from over 1,000 brands. The following is the top 100 brands, ranked by their total advertising value.
- Only 47 of 2020’s top 100 brands were in the 2019 top 100 and 40 were also in the 2018 top 100.
- 34 of the top 100 brands were car manufacturers. Electronics companies were the 2nd most common type of brands, followed by clothing and sports brands.
- Between them, these 100 brands received over 584 million dollars worth of global product placement advertising value in 2020. This accounted for 74% of all the value enjoyed by brands in 2020 movies (890 million dollars in total).
- Each brand on this list got over $1,300,000 worth of advertising value from appearing in 2020 movies.
- 17 brands have consistently made this top 100 list since 2014: Adidas, Apple, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Dell, Dodge, Ford, Jeep, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Nike, Ray-Ban, Samsung, Sony and Toyota.
- 27 of these 100 brands only appeared in a single 2020 movie. 50 appeared in between 2 and 10, 16 in between 11 and 19 while 7 appeared in 30 or more.
- BAD BOYS FOR LIFE featured 37 brands from this top 100, more than any other movie, and was the biggest product placement movie of 2020 in terms of total advertising generated for brands.
- 44 of the 50 most-watched movies of 2020 featured at least one brand.
#11 – #50
#51 – #100
If you would like to find out more about your brand’s ranking or are simply interested in more information on our methodology, data or services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
disclaimer: Concave Brand Tracking does work with certain brands in this top 100. However, as a market research company, our methodology is entirely objective. We are a 3rd party that provides insights into the presence and portrayal of brands in entertainment. We are not directly involved in our client’s strategic planning or the process of coordinating product placements.