Concave Brand Tracking has manually combed through the top 50 movies at the US box office for 2017, recording every Brand that appeared. We also measured how visible the product placements were, how long they were on screen for and how much advertising value they generated, as well as an array of contextual data regarding Brands’ portrayal.
Using an in-house model which factors screen time, product discernibility, logo/name visibility and movie ticket sales Concave Brand Tracking has determined the total global value each Brand got from its 2017 movie product placements.
We recorded around 230 different types of products from almost 600 Brands. The following is the top 100 Brands, ranked by their total advertising value.
- Only 23 of 2017’s top 100 Brands were in the 2016 top 100.
- 37 of the top 100 Brands were car manufacturers. Electronics companies were the 2nd most common type of Brands, followed by clothing, eyewear and food/drink Brands.
- Between them, these 100 Brands received over 500 million dollars worth of advertising value in 2017.
- Each Brand on this list got over $800,000 worth of advertising value from appearing in 2017 movies.
- 21 Brands have consistently made this top 100 list since 2014: Adidas Apple, AT&T, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dell, Dodge, Ford, Jeep, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Nike, Ray-Ban, Rolls-Royce, Samsung, Sony, Toyota and Under Armour.
- 4 Brands on this list are no longer in business: Hudson, Nash, Plymouth and Willys. All are defunct car manufacturers and appeared together in CARS 3.
#11 – #50
#51 – #100
If you would like to find out more about your Brand’s ranking or are simply interested in more information on our methodology, data or services, please contact us at email@example.com.
disclaimer: Concave Brand Tracking does work with certain Brands in this top 100. However, as a market research company, our methodology is entirely objective. We are a 3rd party that provides insights into the presence and portrayal of Brands in entertainment. We are not directly involved in our client’s strategic planning or the process of coordinating product placements.