Concave Brand Tracking has manually combed through the top 100 movies at the US box office for 2019, recording every brand that appeared or was mentioned. We also measured how visible the product placements were, how long they were on screen for and how much advertising value they generated, as well as an array of contextual data regarding brands’ portrayal.
Using an in-house model which factors mentions, screen time, product discernibility, logo/name visibility and global movie ticket sales Concave Brand Tracking has determined the total global value each brand got from its 2019 movie product placements.
We recorded over 300 different types of products from over 1,700 brands. The following is the top 100 brands, ranked by their total advertising value.
- Only 40 of 2019’s top 100 brands were in the 2018 top 100 and 38 were in the 2017 top 100.
- 33 of the top 100 brands were car manufacturers. Electronics companies were the 2nd most common type of brands, followed by clothing and eyewear brands.
- Between them, these 100 brands received almost 384 million dollars worth of global product placement advertising value in 2019. This accounted for 68% of all the value enjoyed by brands in 2019 movies
- Each brand on this list got over $1,100,000 worth of advertising value from appearing in 2019 movies.
- 18 brands have consistently made this top 100 list since 2014: Adidas, Apple, AT&T, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Dell, Dodge, Ford, Jeep, Land Rover, Nike, Mercedes-Benz, Nike, Ray-Ban, Samsung, Sony and Toyota.
- 31 of these brands only appeared in a single 2019 movie. 56 appeared in between 2 and 29, while 13 appeared in 30 or more.
- 27 of these brands appeared in AVENGERS: ENDGAME, which generated a total of 61.8 million dollars in product placement advertising value.
- 89 of the top 100 movies at the 2019 US box office featured at least one brand.
Check out our video of the top 100 brands in 2019 movies:
#11 – #50
#51 – #100
Check out more articles about our annual recap of product placement in 2019 movies:
– our in-depth analysis of the 10 brands
– the top 10 most valuable single-movie product placements
– our closer look at Ford’s #1 position
If you would like to find out more about your brand’s ranking or are simply interested in more information on our methodology, data or services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
disclaimer: Concave Brand Tracking does work with certain brands in this top 100. However, as a market research company, our methodology is entirely objective. We are a 3rd party that provides insights into the presence and portrayal of brands in entertainment. We are not directly involved in our client’s strategic planning or the process of coordinating product placements.